Hi all,
Things have not gone as expected, this break was not planned at all, something just happened and we need to act on it, things with my in-laws.
Still have no idea when we will be back at home and I can start posting again. Maybe by next weekend, I just don't know and with only the phone, I am sort of stuck.
Well the site is going nowhere, Concha is taking a break from the site as well and not at home. Andy will be leaving on vacation very soon.
So I have been thinking about the site and holidays, with that in mind. Next year we will just close the blog for a couple of months during July and August. There is plenty on material in the site archives to keep you entertained, so makes sense to me, give us all a break and maybe time to make new plans for here, and home made comps. With the site closed next year then the comments will be turned off, but you can drop us an email. I will reply. There would be no re posts made if we are closed.
Enjoy your holidays this year. Hope it not too hot!!
Reb
Nothing wrong with taking a break. Everyone needs them. Plenty of other blogs take breaks, especially when going on their holidays. As you say, plenty of posts to keep us all entertained. Fans of the blog will understand and have patience. Respect!
ReplyDeleteThat's very true. With that I mind, we have posted the last two Christmas' but think we might close for two weeks. I left it up to each member of the team if they wanted to post or not, it was their choice. Well will think about it, maybe close this Christmas. As you say a break is good for everyone
DeleteYeah we understand. Take a break come back when you can. Thanks for what you do.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your support N8Deepbc
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best during this holiday season. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all the time and effort it must take to keep Vibes open. Visiting the site each morning has quickly become part of my daily routine and the quality of what has been uploaded is unbelievable. I feel that I need a break to catch up with the volume of music that my ever slower computer is struggling to cope with!
All the very best to you and yours,
Keven
Thanks Keven, we try to share quality 320 and flac, I test every thing I post to make sure it's true 320. And we share wide variety of music genres. Yeah I have loads to catch up on, never enough hours in the day!! Thank for your support.
DeleteThank you all for your support and understanding,
ReplyDeleteOk another thing I have decided that we will stay with Google comments only, in the future, as if anyone wish to gain access to private vibes they need a Google account, so to me makes sense.
ReplyDeleteAm thinking about some other changes here Vibes, in the next few months. This may include the use of passwords and other things, we will see. We are close to the sites second birthday in September. We have grow very quickly in a short time. Think we need to slow things down a little bit now!!
DeleteI think for sure there will be a drop in the number of posts I make per day, that's for sure. The others are and have always been free to post when and what the share and in what bit rate. Think vibes in the end will be only 320 and no more flac posts. I would like to expand the home made comps we share.
DeleteCould even end up going private. But if I am look at forum options for private Vibes then maybe will do the same for Vibes.
ReplyDeleteDon't get really it, no posts hardly and we are getting about 4,000 visits per day????
ReplyDeleteHi Reb.
DeleteRegarding the number of visits, they aren't real. If you look at the location of the visits, you'll see that these spikes are coming from countries like Singapore and Vietnam, far exceeding visits from countries with a stronger musical tradition. Subtract these exaggerated spikes, and you'll have a rough estimate of the actual visits. I contacted Blogger a while ago, and they told me it's bots and they can't control it.
Best regards and happy holidays.
Jose
No mine are from the US and Brazil mainly when there is a spike. This is why we put the links mainly in the comments, maybe that's another change we could make and not have any comments on scheduled posts in the future. Google is shit to be honest, the forum option I am thinking about looking at seems more attractive day by day. Will maybe try the forum with the private site first and if it work well there, move the main site to a forum as well. A lot to think about!! Thanks Jose for your comment.ight even add a chat box at some point in the future.
DeleteJose I know a site and to get around the problem of spikes from Singapore etc, he turns the site private again for a couple of weeks and he's this seems to stop it occuring. Might give it a try, can't do much harm to be honest. I will think about it today and maybe test it out starting on Monday.
DeleteYes, Brazil and the United States are two places with those unrealistic spikes; I get them too. As a curiosity, years ago I posted a Spanish film in Spanish, and years later in Vietnam I got 2,000 views in just one hour.
DeleteThere are other, more reliable counters, but I think it's a minor detail.
Regards, Jose
Google is the problem, so many things don't work as they should, and limited options on what I want, this is why I want to look at forums, if I move to a forum will keep vibes to direct people to the forum and you will need to be accepted as a member to see what we post. Well will need to look at what they offer, first.
DeleteAnybody without a Google account who wants to make a comment can by emailing their comment together with their and which post they want to comment on to the site email and I'll post it for ya.
ReplyDeleteOnly comments from Google accounts will be posted in the future on vibes. Sorry but that's the way it's going to be.
ReplyDeleteMakes sense to take a break if needed, I've noticed quite a few of the blogs do this, and as you say there's plenty of albums already posted for people to look through and download if they wish. With my own site I always take a break for 1-2 weeks over the festive season, as I reckon most folk are busy then, and on holidays. Even though I do travel a lot posting isn't a problem for me as I have a couple of laptops, one a 14" Lenovo Ideapad, that's easy to carry around.
ReplyDeleteYeah makes sense, with summer July and August and a couple of weeks at Christmas. As I said members were left to make their own decisions with Christmas to post or not, but will maybe try a break of two weeks this year. And ask them not to post anything. Would give me time to stock pile the home made comps. Which I would like to expand for sure. Takes works and time as you know, but is very rewarding.
Delete